Uber eco stylist Pamela Daniels picks Daily eBay
November 7, 2008 by greenmystyle
Pamela Daniels, uber eco fashion stylist and creative director of the pioneering Ethical Fashion Forum, picks today’s Daily eBay. Just for us. And you. Which is pretty much like Mark Ronson doing you a mix-tape. Or Gordon Ramsay making you breakfast in bed. Or Daniel Craig hosting your girls night in. Get the drift?
Pamela’s picked this gorgeous 1950s vintage tuxedo jacket, and it’s only because we love you so much that we’ve not snaffled it for ourselves. Made in the UK too. Plus, Pamela’s chucked in a few styling tips. For more tips, attend a workshop with Pamela at Ethical Fashion Day at the V&A this Sunday. Find out more here.
“Everyone is talking about the ‘mannish blazer’ as a must-have in the wardrobe. I couldn’t agree more. There’s nothing better than a touch of tomboy class. Dinner jackets are a timeless item that can be worn constantly throughout the seasons can be restyled to your hearts content. And the best part is when you buy vintage you can be sure not to find a replica of yourself at the next party!
“A tailored gem from the 1950s, this pure new wool tuxedo dinner jacket is made in the UK. It’s sophisticated tailoring and well made finish give me visions of a dapper young gentleman going to the ball. And when he so kindly keeps you warm at the end of the evening by draping his dinner jacket over your shoulders…you somehow feel warm, safe and romanced…ok enough of that.
“How can you adorn this item to it’s full potential? Let me count the ways…
- Wear this beauty to keep you warm on autumn nights; try wearing it over your cocktail dress which will add an edge to any feminine look.
- With button open, throw it on with your organic skinny jeans, secondhand T-shirt and wedges as high as you can handle for a “I haven’t tried too hard but I look hot” look.
- See this look on the latest Yves St Laurent catwalk, including sleek jackets with tuxedo tails and masculine blazer sillouettes.
- For a more casual look wear it over a tunic dress with cute flats and tights or with a high waisted pencil skirt and jewel toned casual top.
- Wear with short shorts, coloured tights and vintage Vivienne Westwood-style statement heels or ankle boots.
The key here is to remember that yes, this is officially a men’s jacket (this one is about a women’s size 10) so what not to do…find matching tuxedo trousers and a traditional white shirt, top hat, cumberbun and bow tie…but actually, it’s even perfect for fancy dress!”
Current bidding price is £19 and bidding ends November 9 at 7.30pm